Friday, October 06, 2006

10 years on..flowers at last!


At last I have reflowered Cyclamen rohlfsianum! I have had flowering sized plants, some even bought it flower, but never managed to coax a flower from it myself. Last year I increased the minimum temperature in the greenhouse to 5C. But probably the main thing was to give more water during the summer rest and when starting to grow. For two years previously I had buds but they aborted, I assumed because I had over watered. Now it seems I had underwatered. maybe a little too much water this time as the flowers are obscured by the leaves. Still, I have three plants in flower right now. The next challenge is to get seedlings into flower, I read that if you have one in a pot they sulk, however until a few years back I only ever got one to germinate at any one sowing.

No comments: